What we do
We provide a caring, safe and reliable personal driving service.
The point of difference over other transportation providers is the physical accompaniment assistance offered. For example, if required, we will attend doctor’s appointments with the client and transmit relevant information back to family members, assist with shopping or ensure children safely attend sports practices or music lessons. Special needs are catered for including assistance with a walker or wheelchair.
We are ACC Registered Vendors, so ask for us if you have an injury and have ACC subsidised transportation needs.
We are transport providers for the Total Mobility Scheme and accept the ½ price chits/vouchers or swipe cards in most places of New Zealand. This is a subsidised transportation scheme from the government – ask your local Daisy for more information.
Reasons to use Driving Miss Daisy:
1. INDEPENDENCE – No longer will you need to rely on friends and family to take you out and about! Your companion driver can take you wherever you need to go – to medical appointments, shopping, to visit friends, transport your children to school or to after-school activities if you’re working, to the airport, or maybe even when you simply want to go for a drive!
2. SAFE & SECURE – We know how important it is to feel safe and secure so all Driving Miss Daisy drivers are police checked and hold current First Aid training certificates to maximise your peace of mind.
3. RELIABLE – We are a pre-booked service. We understand your needs and concerns and for this reason we do our best to provide a reliable and trustworthy service. We ring to confirm the pickup time and guarantee we’ll be on time or always ring if we are held up. Our new cars are maintained to exacting standards and therefore reliable too.
4. FRIENDLY & PERSONAL – Our drivers chose this business because they love being around people and our regular customers love knowing exactly who will be driving them around. Many a time we hear, ‘it’s like driving with a friend’.
5. COST EFFECTIVE FOR A SUPERIOR SERVICE – We are very competitively priced and can pre-quote so you will always know ahead of time exactly what the price will be. We accept Total Mobility cards/vouchers in most regions across New Zealand, making us even more affordable, and we have a great Loyalty Card system to reward you!
Use Driving Miss Daisy for:
- Medical appointments
- Personal grooming appointments
- Social engagements
- Grocery shopping
- Other types of shopping
- Scenic drives
- Pets to the vet
- Airport drop offs and pick ups
- After school activities – sports, music or dance lessons